Friday, September 28, 2012

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14


After agonizing weeks and months of striving and trying to get approved.  I have hit a brick wall with DCFS.  I was told on Monday that we can not go any further at this time.  With the way things are in DCFS I am unable to adopt internationally.  If things change in the way things are processed I would be able to apply again.  For now we are finished.
This is heartbreaking for us, and we once again cry out to God, "why? what now?"  I have no answers.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14


Things I know, God has been all over this.  I have seen His love for me, my children, the orphans, and the whole world in a new way.  The way I cherish my time with each of my kids and want to lead them to know and serve God wholeheartedly.  Seeing how much more I can deny myself to help and serve others.  His redemption.  His saving grace.  How completely desperate and unable I am to bring myself into the family of God, but how in His mercy, He welcomed me into His family.  He chose me to be His forever.  My eyes have been opened to pain and suffering all around me more that makes me want to love and live without hesitation.  I have longed for heaven to come quickly, unlike ever before.  I have prayed for and loved someone who has never even known me and never will.   

Mostly I wanted to update everyone who is still waiting to hear what has happened.  I do not feel like He has finished what He has started, but in my limited understanding I am sitting still and empty.  I know not what will happen, but I trust in Him who does.  I will follow Him all of my days, no matter what the cost.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, support and encouragement.  Love, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment