Thursday, May 10, 2012

No matter what

When I got saved 20 years ago I remember struggling with God asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son.  I didnt think I could follow God if He asked me to do that.  I prayed and fought and came to the point where I needed to follow God "No matter what!"  I told Him I would and meant it.  Many times in tears I would beg God to make obedience easier, why me? I'd ask.  But always had an assurance that walking with Him no matter what was better than doing it my own way.
His grace, His power, His strength, His peace and His joy has been realized through my weakness, trials, letting go and asking for forgiveness.
I am so grateful that He chose me in spite of all the ugliness and sin in me.  I was completely useless to Him yet He gave me hope.  I was unworthy and ungrateful yet He sacrificed all so that I could be brought into His family.  I can never repay Him, yet He willingly gave.
There are many questions, fears, and concerns as I journey ahead.  I do not know all the answers and how things will turn out.  None of us do.  We walk with God.  In obedience to His Word.  Trusting in Him and not ourselves.  We can cling to His promises and remember His faithfulness as He shows His power to us and to the world through what He has called us to do.  We can not control our futures, but this world is not our home or for our pleasure, but to glorify God as we let Him use our lives to serve Him.  When we see how He lavishes us with undeserved love it can only motivate us to show that same love to others.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,  Eph 3:20

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.  Proverbs 3:27


And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.  2 Cor 9:8

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a "Daniel" post. He was a man of great resolve and God did amazing things in and through him as He is doing and going to do in and through you.

    For Him and His kingdom!!

    ReplyDelete